The cost effective way to improve sound insulation and save on heating bills in your home
Roads, Railways, airports and even people all contribute to noisey environments in every day life.
Fitting Secondary Glazing to your existing surrounds can significantly reduce the amount of external noise helping to create a more comfortable living/working environment.
In addition, Secondary Glazing can also vastly reduce the amount of heat lost through old draughty windows. This reduction can be further enhanced by fitting energy efficient glass such as Pilkington K™
Aluminium Secondary Glazing can be fitted to most existing window surrounds easily and quickly. It is available in virtually any colour to match the interior decoration of a property and is available in a range of frame combinations and styles to suit.
- Lift-out casements for occasional removal
- Fully fixed for protection or security
- Hinged casements to allow easy access
- Vertical sliding casements where the amount of air flow can be adjusted to suit your requirements
- 2, 3, 4 and 5 pane horizontal sliding options for larger openings
Why Fit Secondary Glazing?
Scenarios where Secondary Glazing may be used as an alternative to full window replacement include:
- Any area where excessive external noise can affect the environment around you. i.e. major roads, airports and train lines even through modern double glazing.
- Properties within conservation areas or listed buildings where the external character of the property must not be affected by fitting replacement PVCu or aluminium windows.
- When a low cost alternative to complete replacement double glazing is required due to budget constants but a high quality solution is needed.
- An easy, quick and effective method for improving traditional glazing which helps towards reducing the amount of heat loss in the property.
Secondary Glazing is available with a variety of glazing options to suit your requirements.
Secondary Glazing is supplied with either 4mm or 6mm float or toughened safety glass as standard.
Additional glass types include
- 6.4 Laminated glass for additional safety
- Pilkington K™ glass for increased thermal performance
- Stadip Silence Acoustic glass for enhanced noise reduction
- Obscure glass for varying levels of privacy
All Aluminium sections are extruded from 6063T6 alloy and are white or brownpolyester powder painted as standard. Silver anodised or alternative colors are also available.
Each moving panel is fitted with double polypile to achieve a maximum seal. Foam can also be fitted between the outer frame and primary surround to enhance the seal.
All windows have been tested for sound insulation at 100Hz – 3150Hz and offer up to 20dBs when combined with single glazed windows and up to 40dBs when combined with double glazed windows.
Horizontal panels operate smoothly on tough steel rollers whilst verticals are suspended on spiral balances to allow for controlled operation. Hinged casements operate using high quality butt hinges.
Secondary Glazing is primarily designed to be face fixed. All products with the exception of vertical sliders can be reveal fixed however please read the fitting instructions throughly to ensure correct fitting procedures are followed.
Please consult the Secondary Glazing measuring and fitting instructions before ordering to make sure all key points have been covered. If you are unsure please contact us.